Jump to navigation Jump to search
NLP Researcher @ Research Team, Wikimedia Foundation
Learning is my passion. Everything else just falls in place.
I am an ML and NLP enthusiast from Bangladesh. I love working wih data and drawing information from them. I did my Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering from Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh and Masters in Computer Science from University of Waterloo, Canada. Upon graduation, I worked as a Machine Learning Engineer for about a year before joining Wikimedia Foundation as a Data Analyst and Researcher, performing several roles along the way.
- I work with the Research Team as a Research Data Scientist (NLP) to develop Copyediting as a structured task. To increase and maintain the standard of Wikipedia articles, it is important to ensure articles don't have typos, spelling, or grammatical errors. While there are ongoing efforts to automatically detect "commonly misspelled" words in English Wikipedia, most other languages are left behind. We intend to find ways to detect errors in articles in all languages in an automated fashion.
- Previously I worked with the Search and Analytics team to find ways to scale the Wikidata Query Service by analyzing the queries being made. Find the analysis results in User:AKhatun Subpages. Phabricator Work Board (WDQS Analysis).
- I worked on the Abstract Wikimedia project to analyze find out central Scribunto Modules across all the wikis. This work leads to the creation of a central repository of functions to be used in a language-independent manner in the future. See our work in Phabricator and Github.
Disclaimer: I work for or provide services to the Wikimedia Foundation, and this is the account I try to use for edits or statements I make in that role. However, the Foundation does not vet all my activity, so edits, statements, or other contributions made by this account may not reflect the views of the Foundation.
- Email: email@example.com
- IRC: tanny411 on libera.chat on freenode
- Personal: website/blog
- LinkedIn: tanny411
- GitHub: tanny411
- Personal MediaWiki: Aisha Khatun
- Personal Meta: Aisha Khatun
- Phabricator: AKhatun_WMF
- Wikitech: AKhatun